TOTTENHAM LOSE TO CITY

Tottenham Hotspur has been defeated by Manchester City in a Premier League match played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday. Tottenham lost the match by a narrow margin of 2-1. This was the fourth defeat for the spurs in the competition. Tottenham has now lost three out of its last four Premier League matches.

Because of this defeat, Tottenham has moved down to no. 7 in the points table with 17 points in 11 matches. On the other hand, Manchester City has moved up to no. 2 with this victory. The defending Champions are undefeated in the ongoing Premier League so far. They have won 7 out of the 11 matches that they have played in the tournament and the rest 4 matches have ended in the form of draws.

The City team wasn’t off to a great start in the match and got trailed by 0-1 in the 21st minute. Tottenham got a free kick and Tom Huddlestone was asked to take the free kick. He whipped in a fine shot and Steven Caulker did the rest by flicking the ball into the net with a header. The City team didn’t manage to equalise the scores in the first half.

The scores got levelled in the 65th minute. It was a poor display of defense by the visitors. They could have cleared the ball, but, they failed in doing so and allowed Yaya Toure to pass the ball to Sergio Aguero who beat Friedel with a low shot from a distance of 12 yards.

The Spurs lost the plot just a few minutes before the end of the game. The decider was scored by Edin Dzeko in the 88th minute of the match. The goal was set up by David Silva and Dzeko gave the finishing touch with a fine volley.

Manchester City will play its next match against Aston Villa on 17th of November at the same venue.

BETTER THAN LAST SEASON

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale has told Tottenham Soccer News that the club that are much better than they were last season. Tottenham grabbed the fourth spot in the Premier league last season after impressive showing throughout the whole season under the former manager Harry Redknapp.

However, they have lost some important players over the summer in the form of Luka Modric. Despite the loss of the Croatian midfielder, the Welsh winger Gareth Bale reckons that they have brought in some impressive replacements the form of Dembele. Further, the permanent signing of the Togo international striker Emmanuel Adebayor is a major boost the club.

Even though the total spending of the club has been very limited in the last transfer window, they have managed to get a number of fresh players over the summer. Some of the players have proven Premier league experience, while the Belgian defender Vertonghen is one of the few without Premier league experience. As a result of this increased squad, the Tottenham winger Gareth Bale believes that he will be able to achieve his dream of once again playing in the Champions League. Gareth Bale has so far had only one season of the Premier European football competition.

“It does take time. Everybody should understand that. There has been an improvement in every game and you saw that at Reading. Everybody just has to be patient. Things will come and it’ll start to click like it did yesterday and, hopefully, we can push on from there. There’s no reason why we can’t kick on. I think we’ve got some great players. The new signings we’ve brought in are great and they’ve been great additions. We’ve got a stronger squad now than we did at the start of the season,” said Gareth Bale after the win over QPR that pushed Tottenham into the top half.

BALE UPSET WITH ADAM

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale has said that he is extremely unhappy at the tackle made by the Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam, but is prepared to forget the incident and move on in life.

The two players have a history of coming together, with Charlie Adam being reckless on numerous occasions. The Liverpool midfielder was even given a red card for his dangerous tackle on the Tottenham star, but it seems to have had no effect on him after he made yet another fresh challenge on the player in a pre-season friendly match in the United States – maybe it’s something to do with the Liverpool shirt?!.

The Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas was extremely displaced by the tackle made by the 26-year-old, which left Gareth Bale facing an anxious wait for the scan results. Now, the injury has not been as worse as initially feared, which has come as a major relief for the Tottenham midfielder. It was initially thought that the Welsh winger will be lodging an official complaint with the English football Association, but it has now said that he is prepared to forget about the incident and move on in life. Gareth Bale has become one of the most sought-after midfielders in Europe, with many clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid showing interest. However, he recently signed a four-year deal with the London club.

“People like that are not worth commenting on, to be honest. He knows what he’s done wrong himself, so we’ll just leave it,” said Gareth Bale. “The question is, at what point can you arrive in a friendly to let the ball go past you and go into a professional’s ankle the way Charlie did? We responded the way we felt was appropriate, bearing in mind the fact there was no apology from Charlie to the challenge,” said the Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas.

COLEMAN HAPPY BALE’S NOT INVOLVED

Welsh national team manager Chris Coleman has revealed that he is extremely happy that Tottenham midfielder Gareth Bale will not be taking part in the London Olympics 2012. The 22-year-old winger has been ruled out of the participation in the London Olympics 2012 after suffering a back injury recently. Even though the midfielder has admitted that he is extremely disappointed to miss out on the opportunity to play in the Olympics, the Welsh national team manager Chris Coleman has said that it will indirectly benefit the national team because he will get a lot of rest and a good pre-season, which are essential prior to the start of the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Gareth Bale was one of the main players of the Tottenham squad that finished in the fourth position last season. Due to the importance within the team, Gareth Bale was played often without any rest by the manager Harry Redknapp. As a result, he is suffering from a number of tiredness related injuries prior to the start of this new season. Even though he is expected to take part in the pre-season for Tottenham, Chris Coleman reckons that the fact that he will miss the Olympics is a boon for the national team in the World Cup qualifiers.

“I’m quite relieved Gareth is not involved with Team GB because I think he could do with a rest. He’s played a lot of football last season and there’s a lot of pressure on him because he’s such a good player. He’s such a dynamic player and every game he plays, the amount of ground he covers and the speed he runs at it’s going to take its toll,” said Coleman. Coleman will be looking to deliver World Cup football to the Welsh. The next friendly match for Welsh is against Bosnia in August.

MANCINI CHASING BALE

Manchester city manager Roberto Mancini has said that he has already spoken with some of the officials of the club over the possible transfer of Gareth Bale to Manchester City in the summer. However, he reckons that it will be difficult to persuade the Welshman to leave Tottenham. Gareth Bale joined Tottenham from Southampton in a £ 5 million deal many seasons ago, but he is set to command around £ 35 million in a transfer scenario. Even though Tottenham have resisted any attempts to buy Gareth Bale and Luka Modric up until now, many reckon that it will be tough for Tottenham to resist the attempts of Manchester City in the summer.

Gareth Bale has had a fantastic season for Tottenham. He, along with Luka Modric, has been one of the reasons for Tottenham to be challenging for a top four positions this season. However, like Luka Modric last summer, he has already been linked with a number of clubs across the world including Barcelona. It is thought that Barcelona have pulled themselves out of the running after being hit with the pricetag of £ 40 million for the player. However, money is not an issue for Manchester City, but Mancini still reckons that he will not be able to get Gareth Bale in the summer.

“Gareth Bale is a fantastic player. But I don’t think he will leave a big team like Tottenham. We talked about this some weeks ago. But our focus has to be on the next two games,” the Italian told reporters regarding the prospect of signing Gareth Bale in the summer. He also said that he will now be concentrating only on the prospect of winning the league title. City will have matches against Newcastle and QPR. If they win these, they can win the title.