Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that he has no problem with the fitness of Gareth Bale and insists that the Welshman will be included in the squad that will play against Celta de Vigo. Bale has suffered from numerous injuries since the start of the season, but it has been largely attributed to the lack of pre-season, as he was involved in the protracted transfer to Madrid. Since regaining fitness, he has been one of the best players for Madrid. He has already scored close to double figures after having made just 15 appearances this campaign.
Ancelotti recently stated that he expected more from Bale, whose performances have dipped in recent weeks. However, he is expected to include the most expensive player in the world for the match against Celta de Vigo. Madrid must win all the league matches from here on in order to have a chance of winning the title. They are already five points behind Barcelona, but they also have to contend with the threat from Atletico Madrid, who are also in the mix for the title.
Ancelotti says that Bale has trained for the last week without any problem and he expects the 24-year-old to play against Celta de Vigo. Cristiano Ronaldo, who Bale beat to the tag of being the most expensive player, recently won the FIFA Ballon d’Or award for the second time.
“He will be included in the squad for the match [on Monday], but I have yet to decide if he’s going to play. He has trained this week, he’s fine, he doesn’t have any problems. But we might wait a bit more so as to play him at peak condition,” said Ancelotti.
Ronaldo leads the goalscoring charts for Real Madrid with 20 league goals already and he is closely followed by Diego Costa.